Thursday, February 05, 2009

Engagement December "2001"




Happy Valentines Donnie, my love! You mean so much to me, I don't know where to start...Thanx babe!!

I'll never forget the Sunday morning when Santa came to give the Sunday school kids different items that we had bought for them. Then some of the adults started sitting on his lap just for fun. Being kind of shy...I just stayed back. Just then Santa pulled a wrapped box out of his large bag and said it had my name on it??? I was rather puzzled. As I sat on his lap, he asked what did I want for Christmas. I whispered in his ear (didn't want Donnie to hear me...lol) Told him that I wanted to get engaged for Christmas. Well to my total surprise when I opened the package, there was a note that said "Donna Smith, will you marry me?" Oh, my...I was speechless. I almost ran to him, and we embraced for quite a while. Our whole church family was clapping and so excited! Camera's were flashing. I could hardly catch my breath to let him know...of course I would! God had given me a gift in Donnie that I knew was extra special. Someone who had brought me back to church after I had brokenheartedly swore I would never return. One our favorite songs is "God Blessed the Broken Road" as you probably have noticed.

At our Wedding, the First Dance was "Amazed" sung by the group Lonestar. A couple of years ago, Donnie took me to hear them in concert! I'll share a few pictures of the band with you!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna, it is such a pretty picture of you and your love. Thanks for sharing and you are so pretty! :) GOD is so good to allow us to have such a wonderful man in our life, isn't HE? I am so very blessed; we are into our 23rd year now! :) LOVE IT! GOD bless you sweetie! Katie

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Hey thanks for sharing! Pretty cool story.

Be the first to see fresh updates!!